“Getting Ahead in a Just Getting By World” is an 8 week work group that gives “getting by” neighbors tools and time to evaluate where they are and where they want to be. Relationships and resources are built that lead to a new plan for the future, a “future story.”
Are you tired of just getting by? Are you ready to get ahead?
We believe in the saying: “Give a person a fish and you feed them for one day. Teach them to fish and they can eat for a lifetime.” We want to empower you to change your current situation for a lifetime.
- You will be paid to investigate your current situation and our community resources in a kitchen table discussion setting.
- You will learn to build new resources and move beyond thinking about making a change to actually doing it.
- You will create your own future story, a plan to reach your goals and a more stable life.
- You will be supported by a team of mentors to make a positive difference in your life.
For each session, you will receive:
- Free family meals
- Free childcare
- A monetary stipend
If you are interested in participating, only 10 spots are available per group, so you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gobin church at 765-658-6010 to set up a phone interview. An application will be filled out over the phone and you will be notified soon after about your participation.
What others are saying:
- “The Getting Ahead group made me aware of what you can do for yourself and the community. It gives you tools to help you build your future…”
- “I discovered how to find resources without being afraid and learned that there are people out there who are in the same situation as me, trying to survive in this world we live in today…”
- “I was a struggling single Mom of four, but I broke free from my past, returned to college to earn an Associates Degree so I could find a better job…all because of connections through Getting Ahead.”
We can empower you to make a change!